Around this time each year, we have to create goals for the year at work. I really don’t like this process. I understand that they are trying to make a quantitative way to evaluate the performance of all of the employees, but it’s hard to make goals when I don’t have control over what I work on.
At church this week I was thinking that even though I dislike goals at work, it would probably be beneficial to have personal goals so that I can manage my free time better. Here are my goals that I have come up with.
- Read More
- The Bible
- Antiquities of the Jews by Flavius Josephus
- Decision Points by George W. Bush
- Liberty and Tyranny by Mark Levin
- Write More – I hated writing in school, but you can’t take over the world if you can’t convey your thoughts to others. I’ve also had to write quite a bit more for work for project proposals.
- Build a robot for the DPRG May competition
- Play the piano better
- Home Automation – be able to control several of the lights in my house
- Balance work time better. I always end up having to make up at least 2 hours on the weekends.
I’ll have to come back and put in some deadlines.
Post a Comment